life

Updating Life Status with a Poem

9:04 AM

Yes. I am still alive and kickin'. Well, for most part of the week. Lol. Anyway, I've been too preoccupied with many things that I wasn't even able to check how this blog's goin. And I'm just so thankful I'm able to update a post today. *sighs in relief*



As for today, I'm gonna share a poem I made last (holy) week. I didn't have a job cuz it was a Philippine holiday so I observed the things that should be done by a Catholic-- fast, pray, reflect, meditate and repent. On top of that, I also visited different churches (Visita Iglesia) and did the Stations of the Cross (Via Crusis). Since all should also do fasting, many would prepare "binignit"(Visayan term) for this special time of the year (We are part of the majority. Fyi, my mother's the best cook in town *winks*). For you who don't know, it's actually a yummy soup filled with root crops such as banana, sweet potato, ube, etc mixed with glutinous rice and "landang"(a special ingredient from a tree, yeah, but it tastes good) to make it sticky in texture. What gives it flavor is the coconut milk; color, the tapioca balls. (Yum!) *Wish I can tell you the steps on how to make it. But there's always a room for next time.*

My brother, sissie and niece striking for a pose after our Via Crusis.

Now to cut to the chase, here is a poem I randomly thought about after attending the "Blessing of Fire and Water Mass" during Black Saturday.



Soul's Silent Prayer

When all you see are silhouettes and
shadows and darkness and people
Fitting in, trying to be good
Others, really good
Kindhearted
While the rest are not that bad
At all-- mending broken ties
Repenting on their evildoings
Going an extra mile
All for the second chance they're given
Still there are others whose hands
are filled with mud
Of deceit, lies, treachery, adultery
Of sins I can't count, can't attest to
How tragic would it be if they don't
at least try to make up for those acts;
To be sorry for the same repeated
brutally bad behavior been done
Daily
Every single day,
Not knowing how much
did our freewill
cost--
A Precious Breath!
Yet we are given this brief chance
To make things right
Make straight the path
towards where peace is abundant,
Rich and endless
And so we begin today
as we look forward for tomorrow
That's as bright as the sun
piercing through my bare eyes
Now despite the sourly sick sinful nature
we have
He accepts us with arms wide open
Welcoming us with warmth
For He is beyond our mental grasp,
our limited mind, our compressed thinking.
Because He still loves us despite having been
Wrong
Daily
Every single day.
He chose to die for His love of us, mortals.
May we also, in turn,
Try hard to let a part of us
Or us as a whole,
die in love of
Our King.
And let our heart be torn open
For Him to dwell inside.




Yes, that's it for now. And let me end this post with a question I know too late to ask but it's better late than never, right. :)



How did you spend your Holy Week? Did you go on a vacation like what most people did or just stayed at home and prayed like I did? Please do share!




Alive and kicking,
Jong


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Binignit is pretty similar to a Vietnamese dish, which is called Che. :) This is such a beautiful written poem and hopefully yoy enjoyed your 'Holy Week' :)
    Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for sharing that Jenny. That's something new... ^_^ And thanks for appreciating my poem :) I sure did enjoy my Holy Week! ;)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely poem! I hope that you have a great rest of your week ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem
    Great post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete