award

THE JOLLY BLOGGER AWARD :)

4:24 PM



Hey dearies! How have you been? Hope you’re feeling excellent and excited. BTW, thanks for all the love you showed for my previous post! J
Well, wow. Can you believe it?


Twelve days to go before “THE DAY”. Truly Christmas is in the air already! Everywhere I go, I can hear the merry songs and the beautiful blinking colorful lights. Not to mention the different eye- catching decoration on top of that! Right? In this most jolly season of the year, there’s this Jolly Blogger Award. And wow! I am so blessed and thankful for being a nominee! The beautiful mommy blogger (and turns out to be my sissy as well) of Sweet Baby Doll, no other than Rica herself, nominated me for such award. Geez! Thank you sissy! J It’s my first time to blog about an award, so I’m really thankful and happy! J 


Now here are the jolly questions and my jolly answers: 

1.  Do you open your gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Technically, on Christmas Day since I open my gifts when the clock strikes 12 midnight. I, together with my brothers and sissies, open our gifts and somewhat brag about how awesome our gifts are. We actually tend to compare, and if one receives better than the other, we ‘pretend’ to be sad (or do they?). Haha! Siblings… J


2.  Favorite Christmas Song?
 My fave song is The Twelve Days of Christmas. I love the lyrics and definitely love how it is sung! The song is just so jolly and merry!




3.   Favorite Christmas/holiday Movie?
 I think there are a lot of holiday movies that I like but two of my beloved movies worth mentioning are The Polar Express and Barbie in A Christmas Carol. Aside that these movies are cartoons (yeah love ‘em!), we can also get valuable lessons from them. Lastly, these movies are not just for kids but for the entire family as well!



4.     Favorite Christmas decoration?
Belen! (Or the manger) I don’t know why but when I see one, it always makes me happy. Plus, here in Cebu City, different well- known establishments like malls, shops, government buildings and banks display their uniquely designed Belens



5.     Favorite Christmas Food?
I’m a certified sweet lover so my favorite Christmas foods are desserts. The ever creamy, sweet and delicious Mango Float and Fruit Salad are my faves. Yum!   



6.    Favorite Holiday/winter drink?
I love to drink Mogu Mogu Strawberry Juice With Nata De Coco (love to chew the nata.. hehe). It’s cold, yeah, ‘cause there’s no winter here. (sobs) L

7.    Snow or no snow?
How I wish there’s snow here in the Philippines. Even before Frozen, I always envy people or cartoons alike who make Olaf (by that I mean snow man) or ski complete with their cool winter outfits! I personally think that although it’s freezing cold, winter is a perfect time to be with your friends and loved ones. As they say, it’s a “cuddle weather”. 

Olaf Frozen Snow Sculpture by Joanna Hiltz

8.    Do you send out cards or no cards?
For me, presents appear to be more personal and sincere when there are cards. Also, it’s better since I can express more in writing than in talking. 

Source: http://www.johannabasford.com/blog-article/183

9.    Do you secretly still believe in Santa Clause?
Although Filipinos don’t believe in Santa as much as others do, I believe in the idea of Santa. It’s the idea that when it’s Christmas, you always receive gifts because there’s one person who always grants your wishes—may you be naughty or nice the entire year. Of course, I’m referring to God’s angel that He sent out to make you happy— either your family or a dear loved one!



10.    Your favorite winter clothing item?
Thick coat, hat and knee-high boots are so cool! It’s my dream to wear this kind of outfit in my country. (Hmm.. maybe in Bagio?) 



11.    One beauty product that you cannot be without this winter?
Face cream. It’s important to keep both your face moisturized despite the cold season. It’s your best asset, remember? (And include lip balm as well)

I got this HERE. More beauty tips for winter is also there. 

Your lips easily crack during winter season, so it's important to keep 'em moisturized as well. 

12.    Best Christmas Memory?
It’s always an achievement when you can complete the nine days of the mass for the Misa de Gallo. Waking up very early in the morning (like around 3AM) for the mass seems a tough challenge and sacrifice granted that you have work every day. Moreover, the weather is also a factor you need to consider since sometimes, it rains during dawn. Having survived despite the obstacles along the way is surely a rewarding feeling! Lastly, Christmas won’t be complete without me spending the Noche Buena with my family and relatives. Then we open our gifts together! J

Spending Christmas with my family is always the best gift I could ever receive from Him. 

Those are my answers dearies! J Now before this post ends, I’d like to nominate some bloggers whom I think deserve to be called “Jolly Bloggers” as well:



To those who have been nominated, feel free to answer all the jolly questions mentioned above and don’t forget to link back the blogger who awarded you. You can also nominate bloggers whom you think deserve the award. 


Merry Christmas and happy blogging, dearies! J J J

Dearest yours,
Jong J

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo Credits:

You Might Also Like

33 comments

  1. Wow your answers are great and I love reading them keke~ I have also a big family and it's nice to celebrate Christmas with them :)
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Thanks Jenny :)
      Yep, Christmas is always memorable with our family ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  2. Great post and Lovely answers!!!
    Tnx for your sweet comment!
    Love, Paola.
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for that dearie! :)
      And thanks for dropping by my blog ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  3. This Christmas inspo is the very best!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Thank you so much dearie! :) Glad you like it ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  4. Guess who is excited for Christmas? :) Love reading your posts about it, Dear. I also got addicted to Mogu-mogu well in fact, maybe I will run to the nearest 7-eleven to buy one. lol
    Fox my Style/ Bloglovin / Facebook/
    Let us stay connected. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Me! *raises hand* :D
      Glad to hear we're on the same boat, dearie. :) Mogu mogu is hard to resist, I guess ;)
      Thanks for dropping by my blog ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  5. Nice awards :3

    http://adhiwahyudi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely snow. I love this sort of Christmas post.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five on that!!* --snow!! :)
      Thanks for dropping by my blog dearie! ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  7. Christmas is so close, too excited :) Those desserts look so good :D

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so close!! :D
      They're divine I tell you!! Yum, yum! ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Aww... Thanks for that dearie! ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  9. Polar Express was a good movie! Also, you're from Cebu City?? That's pretty awesome - I was born and raised there before I moved to the States. :D

    Eena @ katczinske
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow..! small world :D Glad to hear that dearie! ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the award xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. thanks dearie! :D ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  11. I followed you on GFC Loved reading your answers :) Mind following back?
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dearie! ^_^ Surething! ;)

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  12. First Congrats on the award honey. Well done. Thank you for thinking of me, that's awfully nice of you. I am shocked, you don't believe in Santa............who the heck do you think will bring you your Xmas stuff ;) just kidding girl. Happy weekend Joanna.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... Thanks miss Lenya! :D :D It means a lot to me when you have time to visit my blog! ^_^ :*

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  13. Congrats!
    Please visit my blog and just in case you like it, would you like to follow each other? Then just follow me and I will follow you right back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Surething! ^_^

      Dearest yours,
      Jong :)

      Delete
  14. oh, thanks you for that dearie! ^_^ will follow you right back! ;)

    Dearest yours,
    Jong :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. :D thanks dearie! ^_^

    Dearest yours,
    Jong :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for nominating me Jong! its been a while since I've received a blog award :)
    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem Stephie ei.. You deserve it!! ^_^ ^_^

      Delete
  17. Thank you for this! I just arrived in my apartment, so sorry for late response :D

    www.dicexcvi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Dice ;)
      I'm excited to read your jolly answers though ^_^

      Delete
  18. I do wish that we have snow here in the Philippines :D


    http://hazelasoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete