romantic books

The Selection Trilogy

2:42 PM


I love how books transport us to different places. You can travel around the world without spending a single centavo. All you have to do is to open your mind and let your wild imagination work.

READ: It's like watching a movie in your head. Can't agree more with what's written above. :)
 As for me, I love to read books about romance, fantasy, magic and self-help ones. All these are wonderfully interwoven in the book, "The Selection" by Miss Kiera Cass. I am literally crazy over it! I finished reading it within just a matter of hours. Then I read its two sequel novels, "The Elite" and "The One", respectively. These books got me bananas! I'm hooked up with it to the point that I can't concentrate on having classes (yeah, I'm a proud teacher) because I keep on thinking about what will happen to the protagonist and the main character in the book, America Singer. She is definitely my favorite heroine! :) :) She's strong, determined, driven, and powerful but at the same time has a soft spot for love. On top of that, she is beautiful. :)





She may look delicate but watch out for the flames! (That's why her hair is red..)



Now, I'd give you the quick glimpse of The Selection trilogy. It all happened in Illea, former USA, a country run by both King Clarkson and Queen Amberly Shcreave. They have an only son-- Prince Maxon. They have a tradition called The Selection-- a process wherein the Prince gets to choose whom he'll marry from the thirty- five girls who come from different walks of life. These girls get to stay in the palace as long as the Prince chooses to. America Singer happens to become a part of The Selection, even though it's against her will. She doesn't want to join because her love is only for one guy. But she doesn't have any choice. "The Selection" revolves around how America survived in the palace. As she gets to know more about the Prince, she then falls in love with him. That was her deciding factor whether to stay or to leave the castle. The next book, "The Elite", is about the six remaining girls who fight for Prince Maxon's love. One by one, each girl leave for one reason or another. Some were also threatened by the ongoing war. The last book (as of now), "The One", is a book full of discoveries and doubts for America. She's confused if she is deserving to marry the Prince and be Illea's next Queen. Lots of problem arise that make America even stronger than she is when she first arrived in the palace. 



Aren't those covers cool? Miss Cass really has a great concept using these three colors and naming the heroine in the series America. Brilliant! <3
 I definitely love how the book ends in "The One".



This isn't happily ever after.
It's so much more than that.
Isn't that romantic? :) :) (applause for Miss Cass!)

Now I can't wait for the next book.It is entitled "The Heir", which will be out Spring 2015! Here's a sneak peak of the cover:


What will happen to America once she's the Queen? 
I just can't wait for 2015 and know the answer to that question!! 

I hope you'll be as excited as I am once you get to read The Selection trilogy and be inspired by how awesome America Singer is (that includes Miss Cass, of course!). 

That's all for today folks! Thanks for reading and I hope you would consider reading this beautiful trilogy. ;) I hope I'd hear somethin' from you soon, then.

Peace out,
Jong :)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I certainly wish I have your talent in reading, I can't even stand reading a one whole book. Well, we all have our own talent! lol. Visit itsjaninella.com so that she can pay u a visit as well :) nice blog post sissy! ♥

    xoxo
    switbbydoll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I certainly wish I have your makeup talent.. (hehe..)
      I really thought it's still Feisty Mama blog... It's now "Lime and Life" diay...
      Thanks for the compliment Te! (that means a lot to me) :)

      Delete
  2. Hi girls! Hehehe :)
    Hi Jong, yay keep on blogging!

    Anyway, I've read the trilogy too and it I was so hooked!!! <3

    xo
    www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello...!! :) Your blog is way so cool and classy, like Laureen's BMS. (thumbs up to your layout Janine!)

      Well, great to hear you've read the books. I heart heart Maxon Schreave..! <3 <3 lol..

      Thanks for paying me a visit Jan! :)

      Delete
  3. Not a big fan of modern novels but they look great! haha Cover lang ako lol

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from the story, the covers really got into me... super nice! Cant agree more with you bayet.. :)
      Thanks for dropping by Tine! :D

      Muahhugs XOXO XD
      Jongskie

      Delete