blogger tag

Gratitude Overflows

3:07 PM


One day more and we will say goodbye to 2014. Now that this year is almost over, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the wonderful people who have made this year extra special. Although I already did that in my previous posts, here and here, I will do it yet again because they deserve another batch of “Thank You’s”. Now before I do so, I’d like to say thank you to Janinella of Lime and Life for tagging me in this series. J



10. Technology & Social Media
All the brilliant people who have made all our lives easier and convenient these days deserve a “Thank You”. To the geniuses behind Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…and especially Google and Blogspot, thanks for making a lot of impossible things become possible for us.

9. Blogger Friends and Readers
I never really expected that I’ll have readers, so much more friends through this simple blog of mine! I am super thankful to you, my friends, who take your precious time to visit and read my blog. “Daghang Salamat!”—the Cebuano- Visayan term for thank you very much.

8. Cebu Normal University
I will never be the teacher I am today without this school and its people. To all the professors, teachers, my co- students, classmates, co- majors, friends and all who have helped me reach this (not so) far, THANK YOU!
“A learned individual is far different from the educated one.”

7. My Job
Although the salary is not that high as compared to others, I am happy and thankful for the job I have today. Teaching might be stressful yet the result is rewarding when you know the students are learning. Moreover, I thank my job because I found another set of friends to treasure.

6. All my Teachers, my Heroes
When I attended a teachers’ event earlier this month, the speaker/ teacher told the audience that in our entire lifetime, we have approximately 300- 400 teachers, if I remember it right. The speaker then further asked, “Have you thanked even one today?” That got me thinking. So now, I would like to say Thank You, Thank You to all my teachers—Pre- School, Elementary, High School, College and my First Teachers, my parents. Thank you for all the effort you exerted so that I can reach my full potential. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for making me an educated person, for equipping me with the necessary tools to survive and to succeed. I am eternally grateful, Ma’am & Sir. J

5. Problems
What doesn’t kill you make you stronger.
I thank all the struggles I went through this year, for these make me even braver and tougher.
When people hurt you over and over, think of them as sandpaper. They scratch and hurt you. But later you'll be shining and polished, while they end up useless.
4. Miss Rhonda Byrne
I thank Miss Byrne for writing the books TheSecret, The Magic and The Power. I learned a lot from these books that I am applying in my life today. The most important lesson I learned from her is this:
Thoughts become things. Whatever you think will come true. Be thankful and be positive always. Positivity attracts positivity.
Through these books, I am always reminded to look at the sunny side of everything. So I am grateful to Miss Byrne and all the people behind her best- selling books!

3. Friends and Co- Teachers
Life would be so boring without friends. They make this world a more habitable place to live in. Although they have their flaws and commit mistakes once in a while, we can never underestimate their value in our lives. So today, I thank all my friends—Friendsies, Co- Teachers in my work, Co- Majors and especially, My Mean Girls Family—for laughing and crying with me. Thank you so much for the gift of friendship.
Lastly, a special Thank You to my Meanies/ MGSissies, for making my college life a memorable one! Love y’all girls! J

2. My Family
I consider my family as a special gift from Him. They are always there no matter what. They are the ones who accept me when nobody else does. Although they are not the ideal family anybody would wish for, they are the ones who would stand on their guards to defend and protect me. THANK YOU, my brothers and sisters, for the love and support. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Ma and Pa, for all the sacrifices you made just for us to live. J

1. The Mighty Being
Dear Papa God,
Thank you for the gift of nature, air, water, food, shelter, good health, wealth, prosperity, laughter, tears, happiness and sadness alike. Thank you for the gift of family, friendship and love. Thank you for the gift of time and the gift of LIFE. Most of all, thank you for the most precious gift you gave to us all—Your Only Begotten Son, the Birthday Boy, Baby Jesus. I guess I can never ask for anything more. Thank you so much for all these wonderful blessings, even though I am not worthy, You still provide.
Lastly, thank You for the year 2014. Thanks for making my wishes and desires for this year come true. My gratitude ends until my last breath… J



Make everything count. Be thankful even for the little things. Once you have a thankful heart, you’ll live a happier life.



Now, it’s your turn friends! I am tagging ten awesome bloggers to do this challenge.

Jewel of Jewel Clicks 
Danielle of Shades of Danielle 

The rules of doing this challenge are simply easy as a piece of cake.
First, thank the person who tagged you and leave a link for them.
Second, write about 10 things you are grateful for and explain why.
Lastly, tag 10 bloggers and comment on their blog. Let them know they've been tagged.



Thank you for reading, friends! J
Let’s all be thankful for the new year! Have a prosperous 2-0-1-5 lovelies! J


Wishing you a great year,
Jong J

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Aww love this post :) God should always be the priority among everything.

    Happy New Year, Joanna! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five on that Shaira! ;) God should always be the center of our lives. :)

      Happy, happy 2015 too!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post sissy! Through Ups and downs, Family will always be there for you:) We are so proud of your achievements!
    Your Sister,
    Rica
    www.switbbydoll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *teary-eyed now* hehe...
      THANK YOU Te! :D It's heart warming to hear that from you.. :) :) Thanks as well for being a good sister to us! ;)
      We're also proud of what you've become today ^_^ ^_^
      Love you always,
      Aning :)

      Delete
  3. Awww it's great to see how thankful you are! The thing with th teachers reminds me of my conversation with my mum. She told me that I should be thankful to the teachers, too! Next time I will surely say thank you to my teacher :)
    Happy New Year!
    Much love, Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe.. Thanks for that Jenny :)
      Oh, glad to hear that from you dear. Teachers surely deserve our thanks ^_^

      Happy, happy 2015 to you too!! ^_^

      Delete
  4. Thank you for tagging me ong late njud ni nkko ma post kay daghan line up blogs. hehe. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Love you!

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries Stephie..! :) Love yah too! Muah! :*

      Delete
  5. Thank you for tagging me, Joanna. Wishing you a happy and exciting new year, may it be filled with love and happiness.

    ☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥ Happy New Year ♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Miss Lenya... ;)
      Happy 2015 too! *belated*

      Jong :)

      Delete
  6. aww this is so sweet, thanks for tagging me Jong <3 Happy New Year!

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post.thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thank you Helen! :D :D And not a problem ;)

      Delete
  8. Sarap ng pakiramdam pagkatapos mag meditate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are now my fave. I love the way you write things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow.. I am speechless...! Thank you miss Kleah!! :D :D
      That means a lot to me! *smiles up to my ears* ^_^ ^_^

      Delete