food

Wasted Chef: A New Food Spot in Cebu City

7:24 AM




Friends that eat together, get fat together. Lol. Anyway, yeah this statement makes sense. (I mean, hell yeah right?) This post may be late but better late than sorry? I mean, than never. Haha. Our pig-out session actually happened on the First Sunday of this year, 2016. (With me were my 'beshies' Ayhel and Zel, along with Bugs and Kat, my new 'eat-out' buddies. haha!) And due to hectic schedule, I just finalized it now. To cut the long story, here’s my place-slash-food review of Wasted Chef. Hope you'll get some insights out of it.




Wasted Chef offers unlimited servings of pizza, pasta, shawarma and pita burgers. If you are a fan of Mediterranean cuisine, Italian and Greek food, then for sure you’d wanna visit this place. If you are living here in Cebu city, then it would be very convenient as the place is located along Gorordo Avenue, across Asilo dela Milagrosa Church in Brgy. Kamputhaw. What’s more is that it’s a new “food spot” in the city. They just opened last December 8, 2015, with a weeklong promo of 199PHP per person. Then from December 15, 2015 up until present, the fee is already 250PHP for the unli pizza-pasta-burger-shawarma-with-botomless-iced-tea treat. Not bad, eh?






The place is kinda small than what I’ve expected. Guess it can only accommodate a max of perhaps 30-40 people at a time, with both floors occupied. Nevertheless, it’s a good place to eat and hang out with fam and friends. Just a reminder though that it is not air conditioned, so you may wanna bear that in mind before going there.








The food is, well, simply put, fine I think.
Shawarma- I liked its distinct unexplainable flavour. (Bugs liked it, too. In fact, it's her fave. But Yhel and Zel did not agree. They both think it's not tasty at all. Hmm... Guess we all have different taste, right?)
Pita burgers- My fave among the four. The patties are well-grilled and taste really good for me.
Pasta (in white sauce)- The sauce is creamy but it gets greasy along the way (if you know what I mean). The pasta itself is not al dente which is not favorable.
Pizza- Big no for me. It’s not tasty and it’s commercialized, in a way that it’s just all sauce without the toppings and meat and cheese and everything about pizza. So it kinda didn’t meet my expectations.


Per my assessment, the 250PHP is not worth it. The food offering was not like the A-List type, plus, I wasn’t satisfied with what I ate. I admit at first I was all excited with spending less and eating more. Imagine your 250PHP go a long way right? Yet after the first help of the four varieties, you get to realize once is enough. Haha. So it wasn’t truly a “sulit” experience for me. Well maybe one aspect is that I am not a fan of these kinds of food. Second, not excellent customer service was shown. Third, the botomless iced tea was not really goody-good. There will be biases, of course. But hey don’t get me wrong. I am just purely stating what I felt. We are all entitled to our opinions, aren’t we? Yet I am not discouraging you. In fact, you may wanna go there to experience it by yourself, maybe you’ll like it, or even love it. *winks* (Rating: 6.5/10) -- *Note: I am speaking here in behalf of the five of us-- what we think and feel with the entire W.C. experience.* Nevertheless, we had a good time. 'Twas a fun night. (In fact, it was so fun that it went crazy-- when we we're about to leave, the girl told us we need to empty our 'plate' since there were some leftovers. A few ONLY, actually. They are so particular with that, and we're like, woah, okay, we were not given proper expectations, I guess... So, we went back and did what we're supposed to do. Urgh. Hell no we will pay double for the excess and we didn't even truly madly deeply savour the food. *smirks*)


Smile girls! 

Wacky? Haha! (L-R) me, Zel, Kat, Yhel and Bugs


In a capsule:


What: Wasted Chef
Where: Gorordo Avenue, across Asilo dela Milagrosa Church and beside Azul Tuslob-Buwa Resto in Brgy. Kamputhaw, Cebu City, Philippines
When (Operation Hours): 6pm-10pm Mondays through Sundays
How (much): 250PHP; Unli burger,pasta,pizza, and shawarma.
Who (are invited): You!
Contact Number: 0922 831 1858
Gentle Reminder: You are to pay double if you have leftovers, so you better get just enough. Alright?

For  more details, you can head to their official facebook page here.


That’s all for now. Thank you again for reading and dropping by my blog!
Kisses!

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. haha! always eating out eh! I'm not really a fan of pizza and pasta. And I don't really eat that much so I think this one is not for me. Great review sis!

    xx
    Rica | www.sassycebuannachic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. yeah just now I enjoy eating out :D True not really for you since you're not fond of this type of food choices te and you might waste your money if ever.. hehe...

      Thank you!!:) :) Muah!

      Delete
  2. Wow! The food looks so delish! Definitely a must try! I hope they have branch here in Makati though.

    Have a great day!
    via FOX MY STYLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh glad to hear you're interested about it, Deej. Guess you're a fan of this food types hehe. Come and visit Cebu then so you can try this out! *winks*


      Have a wonderful day, too! :)

      Delete
  3. You guys are an adorable bunch, I would have loved to have been there just to listed to the discussions :) The food all looks hideous to me, just bleah! And I love pizza far more strongly than any man has a right to, but no, this is not pizza. Blasphmey I call it instead :) Great review, dear. You will find me at the local Pizza Hut though. Kisses

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awweeeee thank you so much, Shamu! Would love to have you as company as well.. I can just imagine. Haha. Anyway, you're right about their pizza... It's not the typical yummy goody-good pizza we love.

      Thanks for your sweet comment and yeah, see you at the Pizza Hut then! *winks*

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. The food looks yummy! I hope you always keep in touch!
    Qing's Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe... yeah and you know what they say about looks? can be deceiving. haha :)


      will keep in touch and thanks for dropping by Qing ^_^

      Delete
  5. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And all those dishes looks so, so yummy. Gosh I need something to bite now.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Twas a fun night really, Lenya! I do agree on the food looking yummy...but wait till you try 'em yourself *winks*
      Haha....go grab something to eat!

      Thanks again for dropping by and have a lovely day! :)

      Delete
  6. looks so yummy!!! Wanna try the burger shawarma.

    xo, Monique
    SHE’S MONIQUE
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you bet :) Burger tastes good for me, you should try it!

      Thanks for dropping by, Monique! :)

      Delete
  7. absolutely enjoyed this post dear!


    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwee... Glad you did! Thank you for dropping by :) xoxo

      Delete
  8. Hi dear
    Wow amazing!
    So delicious, thanks for sharing!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Arien! :)
      Always a pleasure to share my fooooood experience! haha! ^_^

      Kisses

      Delete
  9. Sooo Nice :) Looking sooo Yummmm:)
    Love the photos, So Pretty:)
    Love Kisses
    Open Kloset
    Please check my new Video about 8 make up, I hope you Like:)
    Thanks
    "True Beauty Comes From Within"
    www.openklosetfashion.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwee... Thank you so much, dear! :) xoxo

      Will check your vid ^_^

      Delete