Sirao Peak

The Trek to Sirao Peak

11:39 PM

I have been MIA longer than I thought. Geez. I will not give you crappy reasons though. Bottom line is: laziness hit me straight right through the core. Blimey, you’ve no idea. Anyway, let’s get right down to business. So part of why I’ve been busy is that I’ve been having some little adventures lately. Last March 20, I and my friends and younger brothers buckled up to conquer Mount Kan-Irag, or commonly known as Sirao Peak in Cebu City. We started our trek from Talamban and honestly speaking, I was not physically ready for a very long trek. Look, I was certainly not well informed that it would take four (4) freakin’ long hours to get there. I swear that was pretty hell of a life-and-death situation in there! I can’t seriously put all the feelings –of fear, anxiety, excitement, hope and all in between—into words. Guess you really have to do certain things to feel how it’s like, right? There were big rocks and boulders and steep mountainous slippery road along the way. Too bad I wasn’t able to take videos for you to actually see the path we’ve been to. Anyhow, you can just imagine how it was walking and trekking and ‘crawling’ and panting and climbing and more panting & climbing for 4 hours long under the heat of the scourging sun. Darn that was pretty exhausting. *catches breath* But the moment we reached the top, oooh ‘twas awesome! It’s not really about how magical the place is (well partly a bit of that), it is more about self- fulfillment. It’s like saying to yourself: challenge accepted and challenged accomplished. Alright, so Sirao Peak now off of my bucket list. Now that’s some real deal. I’m excited for more. Oh yeah rock on!

Zelle, Yhel and yours truly in our #friendshipgoals picture 

Gio, Mykuh and me in our #siblinggoals picture 

(L-R) Down: Yhel, Mykuh, Me and Earl Up: Zelle, Gio and Sam-- the Mount Kan-Irag Team #SquadGoals

Oh yeah we reached the top! 


First group picture of the day. Starting our li'l adventure.

Even if it's already a bit exhausting, we are still smiling! (Whohoo!)

My brothers reached the top first. (Cool background, eh?)

Me: Urgh. Super tired and my knees are shaking, literally. 

Setting up the tent and that guy with the black shirt was our guide

*fist bump* 'cause I've made it!

In the comforts of our little "home".

Wacky. 

Wackier. 

Wackiest?

Smile!

Just feel  free to pose, guys.

Legit campers. 

Happy shalala. It's so nice to be. Happy.

Where is the sun, eh?

Enjoying the sun.







New perspective on the sun setting.


Our fire master of the night.

We were bored so we had a game and the one who got the most number of lippie marks was the most loser!


5:00 AM and Mr. Sun is almost out.



Yay! We survived and conquered Mt. Kan-Irag!




Heading home, first thing in the morning.

This trip is over, but there will be more of this soon.


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Well welcome back! Nothing beats hanging out with the right people. Great and lovely photos. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah thank you, missy may! :)

      Can't agree more on that. With great people come along great fun as well. ^_^

      Thank you! :) :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Such hard work to get there but I can see you made the most of it when you arrived. So fun :) I hope you are very proud of yourself for accomplishing something so daunting and tough. Keep that in mind next time something in life seems to big to beat. Beautiful shots, dear! Kisses

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you for such encouraging words, Shamu! It just feels so good to accomplish something you think is impossible at first. :)

      Yep, will keep 'em in mind ^_^


      Thank you as always you brighten up my day! xx

      Delete
  3. Seems to be wonderful there! Thanks a lot for sharing the adorable pictures <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is indeed a beauty, Rena! :) You're most welcome and it's always a pleasure.

      Thanks for visiting my blog dear. :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Nice post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete